Thursday 18 February 2016

Journal #4: Netiquette

What I found most surprising when it comes to issues around Netiquette is that so many people can be rude without even realizing they are doing it. A lot more people seem to be getting insulted online and I think that may be because people don't realize that they are being insulting just because they're in all caps or doing something foolish. I don't think most people concern themselves with the terms of service/use agreements when joining a site because they don't think that there could be anything to concern them. People think that there aren't any secrets on websites so they think they can trust them but they don't realize all the possible secrets they may have. People should start reading them because they may not actually agree with all the conditions and then rethink it before they make their decision. I think I have pretty good online behavior. I never read the terms and conditions but I make sure to stay on safe sites so I don't risk getting any viruses. On a scale of one to ten, I think I would be an eight. Something I can take from this unit and use is to make sure I am extra polite online so people don't think I have something against them or am being rude. What I think is the biggest issue when it comes to young people and netiquette is cyber bullying. Over the past few years, cyber bullying has become a major issue and it not something that is easy to just stop. I think over the next few years, it will only get worse unless there is a big change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment